Rise Up, in partnership with Cummins Inc., is disseminating a call for applications in search of 18 strong local civil society and nonprofit organization leaders in Lagos and Kaduna states interested in joining the second cohort of the Gender Equity Initiative in Nigeria and advancing social justice, education, and opportunities for girls and women in the communities. Leaders selected to be part of the Gender Equity Initiative will:
- Participate in a week-long Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator workshop where participants will strengthen their skills in advocacy, leadership, proposal development and develop strategies to improve the lives of girls and women in their communities.
- Get the opportunity for participants and their organizations to apply for competitive seed funding to launch their advocacy strategies.
- Join Rise Up’s network of Global Leaders working together to improve the lives of girls, women, and youth everywhere.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be leaders between the ages of 18 – 45.
- Be Local residents of Lagos or Kaduna States
- Have a personal interest and currently committed to promoting positive changes in programs and policies affecting economic and educational opportunities, gender rights, social justice and equity, health, and welfare of girls, and women residing in Lagos or Kaduna.
- Work with an NGO or CSO including the media at a level of coordination or management.
- Must have the support of the leadership of your organization or institution to participate in a week of training from 11-18 November 2018 and thereafter the entire program.
- Have at least 5 years’ experience in at least three of the following thematic areas:
- Girls Education
- Youth Development
- Women’s Economic empowerment, microcredit, or poverty alleviation
- Human rights
- Media/ Health communication
- Community mobilization and community development
- Sustainable development
- Public policy or advocacy
- Environment, natural resource management, conservation
Interested qualified applicants should download and fill out the application form below by September 15, 2018 and return it to Theresa Effa, Rise Up’s Nigeria Country Director at teffa.C4Cng@riseuptogether.org with cc to Chantal Hildebrand, Rise Up’s Program Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.