Call for Applications: India Gender Equity Initiative
Rise Up is launching a call for applications for the Gender Equity Initiative (GEI) in Delhi, India. We invite applications from civil society leaders and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) based in the state of Delhi and the National Capital Region (NCR) to participate in Rise Up’s intensive Leadership Accelerator program. GEI is a non-stipend fellowship program offering selected leaders the opportunity to:
- Participate in the no-cost week-long residential Rise Up Leadership Accelerator workshop in April 2020 to strengthen their skills in girl and women-centered advocacy, leadership, and proposal development and develop strategies to improve the lives of girls and women in their communities.
- Apply for competitive seed funding to launch their advocacy strategies.
- Join a dynamic global network of diverse leaders working to improve the lives of women and girls everywhere.
Successful candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be civil society leaders and/or social entrepreneurs who are between 21 and 60 years of age. All genders welcome!
- Be local residents of the state of Delhi and NCR Region.
- Have personal interest and commitment to promoting social justice, education, equity, and opportunity for girls and women.
- Have 5 years of demonstrated experience, or the equivalent, in at least one of the following thematic areas:
- Girls’ education
- Youth development
- Women’s economic empowerment
- Gender equity
- Community mobilization and development
- Media and communications
- Sustainable development
- Public policy or advocacy
- Environment, natural resource management, conservation
- Child protection
- Prevention of violence against women and girls
- Be part of a civil society organization, network, or community group that is based in Delhi and NCR region, India. Please note that groups do not need to be registered as non-governmental organizations (NGOs). However, grant funding limitations apply — please see below. *
- Have the support of the leadership of your organization, institution, or group to participate in the Leadership Accelerator in April 2020.
*To be eligible to receive a grant, your organization/network or fiscal sponsor must be registered under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act of 2010 (FCRA) and be tax exempt.
There is no cost to apply or participate. Learn more about Rise Up's Gender Equity Initiative here.
We strongly encourage interested applicants to review the Frequently Asked Questions.
Interested qualified applicants should use our online application form to submit an application along with a curriculum vitae or resume. You may submit the application in either English or Hindi. If you have difficulty filling out the online application, download the application and email your completed application form and curriculum vitae/resume to Vidhu Prahba, Rise Up’s Program Manager at email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for all applications is 10 January 2020.