The Rise Up Leadership Council is committed to Rise Up's mission of advancing the health, education and equity for girls, youth, and women globally.
As a diverse group of professionals from across the U.S., Leadership Council members are advocates for gender equality for women and girls and Rise Up as an organization.
The Leadership Council serves as an active learning community for its members. At the same time, it acts as an advisor to Rise Up, providing strategic guidance to broaden relationships and fundraising with individuals, foundations, networks, and corporations.
Click here to download a PDF with information about the Leadership Council.
Watch the video below to hear Founding Member Jodi Morris discuss the origins of the Rise Up Leadership Council and its role in sustaining and advancing the work of Rise Up.
We invite you to become a member of the Rise Up Leadership Council.
- Access a global network of experts in women and girls' health, education, and equity
- Learn about the latest global developments in women and girls' rights and advocacy as part of an active learning community
- Travel as part of the Rise Up delegation to conferences, and on global trips to meet Rise Up leaders in-country
- Attend exclusive programs and events with global Rise Up leaders visiting the U.S.
- Connect and have fun with a vibrant, diverse community of Leadership Council members
- Make a Real Impact by helping Rise Up expand large-scale efforts in the U.S. and globally
- Give $5,000 or more annually to support the work of Rise Up
- Participate in Leadership Council training, and in engaging and referring new members
- Share your unique knowledge, expertise and network with the Rise Up community
- Attend annual Leadership Council retreat and quarterly (virtual/in-person) meetings to remain current on Rise Up and contribute strategic guidance
- Invite friends and colleagues who have the capacity to meaningfully give to join you at the annual Rise Up Breakfast
- Contribute to the growth of Rise Up's unrestricted funding by either: a) recruiting one new Leadership Council member; b) making two corporate introductions; c) hosting a salon in your home or securing in-kind event space