Rise Up seeks an experienced Project Manager to launch the Gender Equity Initiative together with Cummins Inc. in India. Project components include overall program management including administration, financial management, participant recruitment and selection, coordination and implementation of programmatic activities including trainings, provision of technical assistance and site visits to grantees.
Rise Up is a program based at the Public Health Institute (PHI), an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation, and around the world.
Rise Up activates women and girls to transform their lives, families, and communities through investment in local solutions, strengthening leadership, and building movements. Since 2009, Rise Up’s powerful network of over 500 leaders has directly benefited 7 million girls, youth, and women, advocating for over 100 laws and policies impacting 115 million people in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the US.
Rise Up’s global partnership with Cummins Inc. advances social justice, education, equity, and opportunity for girls and women in India, Nigeria, Mexico, the United States, South Africa and Brazil. Rise Up and Cummins will launch this new initiative in Maharashtra, India in 2018. Beginning with a focus on individual leadership development and advocacy, selected leaders will participate in our Leadership Accelerator program and develop advocacy strategies to achieve the priorities they identify through our intensive capacity building process. Rise Up is also building the pipeline of future leaders by empowering girls to become change agents in their communities and countries.
As Project Manager you will :
- Manage the monitoring and evaluation process throughout the duration of the project
- Liaise and collaborate with local and national partner organizations throughout the project as needed
- Manage participant outreach, co-interview and help select CSO leaders from Maharashtra, India as project participants
- Obtain quotes for leadership and advocacy workshops for CSO leaders in Maharashtra, India
- Organize all training logistics including organizing training sites, identifying and coordinating local facilitators, travel arrangements, room, and board for participants and Rise Up team
- Coordinate with local facilitators and Coordinators to participate and develop the workshop themes
- Provide monthly written narrative and financial progress reports to Project Manager program staff using appropriate reporting formats
- Conduct site visits to applicant organizations and report back to Rise Up staff
- Represent Rise Up and Cummins Project in local media and national events.
- Develop, maintain relationships and regular communications with key stakeholders at the state and community level
- Submit monthly office/program expense reconciliation and accompanying receipts
- Ensure all expenses are within budget allotment and are in compliance with spending policies and guidance
- Facilitate payment of monthly invoices and keep a payments tracker
- Communicate any concerns regarding financial matters to program manager in a timely manner
- Participate in weekly check-in calls with Rise Up supervisor and staff
- Maintain regular contact through email, Whatsapp and phone calls with Program Manager, and communicate any issues or challenges that arise.
- Gather and compile information, including public events and information, and monitor implementation of grantee projects, as needed
- Assist in evaluating the initiative through conducting interviews, focus groups and site visits to grantee organizations, as needed
- Participate in workshops and provide feedback for evaluation and improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will bring demonstrable experience in program coordination, a strong background working with teams and partnerships, and strategic thinking to launch this initiative. They will have strong experience working with teams on complex programs, optimism, resourcefulness, a strong self-awareness, cultural competence, and emotional intelligence. Most important their values will align with our values of excellence, transparency, sustainability, and respect as well as a passion for social justice, and racial and gender equity.
Minimum qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree or an additional 4 years of related experience
- 5 years of professional experience working with an international non-profit organization
- Demonstrable experience in coordinating projects independently
- Strong understanding of grassroots gender equality and women and girl issues in India
- Strong project coordination and organizational skills, with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Strong administrative, financial reconciliation and financial tracking skills
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Familiarity with data management
- Experience using web-based tools for communication and social media channels
- Ability to read basic financial statements and manage a budget
- Currently located in or willing to relocate to the state of Maharashtra, India
- Experience with training or group facilitation is a plus
- Fluency in English is required, and fluency in Marathi is preferred
Important Information :
- This is a full time (40 hours/week) position based in Maharashtra, India
- This job requires 20% domestic travel and occasional international travel
- The application deadline is September 10, 2018
How to apply:
- To apply for this opportunity, submit your cover letter and resume here
- In your cover letter, please describe the extent of your administrative experience and why you feel you are an excellent candidate for this position
Thank you for your interest in working with us at PHI. Should you have any questions regarding this job opportunity, email our hiring team at Recruitment@phi.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
Public Health Institute is proud to be an EEO/AA employer.