Rise Up, in partnership with Cummins Inc., is launching a call for applications for the Gender Equity Initiative (GEI) in Maharashtra, India. We invite applications from civil society leaders and NGOs based in the state of Maharashtra to participate in Rise Up’s intensive Advocacy and Leadership Accelerator Workshop.
GEI is a non-stipended fellowship program offering a no-cost intensive week-long Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator Workshop, which will enable participants to strengthen their leadership skills and learn new strategies to advocate to improve the lives of girls and women in their communities. Leaders selected to participate in GEI will have the opportunity to apply to receive funding to launch an advocacy strategy through Rise Up’s Social Justice Fund. As Rise Up Fellows, participants join a dynamic global network of diverse leaders working to improve the lives of women and girls everywhere.
Leaders selected to be part of the Gender Equity Initiative will:
- Participate in the Rise Up’s Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator workshop February 15-22, 2019 to strengthen their skills in advocacy, leadership, and proposal development and develop strategies to improve the lives of girls and women in their communities.
- Apply for competitive seed funding to launch their advocacy strategies.
- Join Rise Up’s network of Global Leaders working together to improve the lives of girls, women, and youth everywhere.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be civil society leaders and/or social entrepreneurs who are at least 18 years of age.
- Be local residents of the state of Maharashtra.
- Have a personal interest and current commitment to promoting social justice, education, equity, and opportunity for girls and women.
- Be part of a civil society organization, network or community group that is based in Maharashtra, India. Please note that groups do not need to be registered as non-governmental organizations (NGOs). However, grant funding limitations apply — please see application for details.
- Have the support of the leadership of your organization, institution, or group to participate in the Leadership and Advocacy Accelerator from February 15-22, 2019.
- Have 3-5 years of demonstrated experience, or the equivalent, in at least one of the following thematic areas:
- Girls’ education
- Youth development
- Women’s economic empowerment,
- Gender equity
- Human rights
- Community mobilization & development
- Media and communications
- Sustainable development
- Public policy or advocacy
- Environment, natural resource management, conservation
Interested, qualified applicants should either download the application form below or complete the form below and mail on or before November 15, 2018 to Josie Ramos, Rise Up’s Director of Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com.
Deadline to apply: Extended to November 15, 2018!
Click here to learn more about Rise Up’s work in India.