Before we officially say goodbye to 2022, let’s look back together on some of Rise Up’s most notable highlights from the year. We are incredibly grateful to each of you, our dedicated supporters, for your ongoing commitment to advancing gender equity around the world.
We took important steps this year towards our vision of an equitable world. This is not an exhaustive list, but we are so proud of the following achievements and many more from 2022.
1. With training and support from Rise Up, 24 young visionaries in Rajasthan, India are working to advance girls’ education, delay first pregnancy, and reduce child marriage—with the goal of positively impacting seven million women and girls.
2. We celebrated Rise Up Girl Leaders in Honduras for their remarkable achievements in advancing sexual and reproductive health care, access to education, and prevention of sexual harassment and violence in their communities.
3. We launched a new and exciting member community, Rise Up Ambassadors, and invited anyone interested in deepening their commitment to Rise Up to join us.
4. Rise Up Leaders, supporters, and staff honored women, girls, and gender-nonconforming people on International Women’s Day. We also held an engaging panel discussion about how all of us can advocate for gender equity and justice.
5. A brand new cohort of Rise Up Leaders began their journey with us in Nigeria.
6. We shared our bold new vision and plan for how we, in partnership with powerful Rise Up Leaders, will improve the lives of more than 200 million girls, women, and gender-nonconforming people by 2025.
7. Rise Up held its 8th Annual Gala featuring Nobel Peace Laureate Leymah Gbowee and five powerful Rise Up Leaders shared their moving, personal stories.
8. We commemorated the 10th anniversary of International Day of the Girl by amplifying the work of Rise Up girl leaders. Girls also remain central to Rise Up Leaders’ work as they improve equity in education, health, and economic opportunity in countries around the world.
9. Rise Up Leaders from our 2020 Mexico cohort came together to recognize their advocacy successes and network at an event hosted by our partner, Cummins Inc.
10. Rise Up prepared to launch its first Leadership & Advocacy Accelerator training in Brazil.