CORE FOCUS AREAS
Rise Up embraces an intersectional approach and focuses on three core issues impacting women, girls, and gender-nonconforming people. In communities and countries around the world, Rise Up Leaders are fighting for equity in education, health, and economic opportunity.
We believe that affordable and quality education is a vital human right that must be protected for all people. Right now, millions of girls face deeply-rooted barriers to attending school, a situation exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Rise Up Leaders advocate for laws, policies, and programs to:
- Increase girls’ access to education
- Protect girls from child marriage, female genital mutilation, and other harmful practices that limit girls’ ability to complete their education
- Ensure girls and young people have the support they need to stay in school, such as childcare programs
We believe that all people have the right to lead healthy lives by accessing the health care and information they need and deserve. Rise Up Leaders are at the forefront of local change advocating for accessible, affordable, and high-quality health care. Rise Up Leaders have been able to expand access to reproductive health care in a time when it is particularly at risk.
Around the globe, Rise Up Leaders are fighting to:
- Advance and protect sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice
- Stop gender-based violence
- Ensure access to quality preventative health services
We believe that all people experiencing poverty deserve the chance to earn a living and thrive economically. Economic well-being allows women, girls, and gender-nonconforming people to invest in their dreams and in better futures for their families, communities, and countries — helping build a more just and equitable world for all of us.
Rise Up Leaders work to:
- Promote safe working conditions
- Advocate for equal pay and for more women in leadership roles
- Ensure financial inclusion for women, through access to credit, skills development, land ownership, inheritance rights, and more